In the last 10 years, social media has become one of the most important and influential parts of our virtual life. Platforms are used for more than just social networking. Each day we see more and more brands using this space as an advertising and promotion opportunity. Businesses can reach many people through social media within a few seconds of posting at only a fraction of traditional media’s cost (if any).
Almost 59% of the world’s population is present in social media, making this the perfect channel for any size business to grow their reach and brand awareness.
But how can social media and the pest control industry work together?
Social media helps build strong relationships between brands and their customers and leads. Businesses can position themselves as trustworthy experts by participating in the same online spaces as their audience, even before someone buys your services.
Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, and Twitter can help your business connect with former and future clients, raise brand awareness and showcase your expertise in the industry.
Some of the things that you should consider when implementing/boosting your social media presence:
- Instagram relies on visuals and hashtags to get traffic
- Facebook relies on photos and videos to have better engagement than posts with just text.
- LinkedIn is a great tool to network and share longer curated articles.
- Twitter has a character limit, so the content must be short and engaging. Hashtags are a great tool to get organic traffic, but when used, they should be on-topic.
Maximize your content
The goal of each post should be to nurture the existing relationships you have with your audience and grow your engagement. Here are some ideas to maximize your content:
- Link to blogs. If your website has a blog, this is a great way to drive prospects and current customers to your website. Create content that is relevant to your business and promote it on social media.
- Highlight your team and services. This is a great way to put a face to your company and highlight your skills and areas of expertise.
- Share curated content. By sharing relevant content to your industry and a great way to showcase how you are up to date on industry information and looking out for your customers.
- Tips. This is another excellent way to highlight your expertise in the industry.
If executed well, social media marketing can help your business grow, reach the right audience, and boost your revenue:
- Spread brand awareness
- Build relationships with your ideal consumer
- Improve conversion rates
- Boost customer service
- Build brand recognition, authenticity, and authority
- Obtain real-time marketplace insights
Social media is a tool that can help you grow your brand and improve customer retention. Create platforms that make sense for your business and your audience and make every post count!
Pest Control Information offers marketing tools, onsite training and much more to all of our partners. For more information go to TAPinsulation.com