- Home >
We are very sensitive to your timing and job schedules so please allow a sufficient amount of time between the delivery of your order and the scheduling of any jobs (5–7 business days) as there may be unforeseen delays such as weather, equipment issues, carrier problems, etc.
*If there is anything you need to change on your order PRIOR to shipping please let us know as soon as possible. NOTE: Once the order has shipped, it is very hard to change any information without a delay and additional fees.
Estimated Shipping Transit Times
Orders are normally shipped within 24 to 48 hours. The approximate delivery transit time is listed below (excluding weekends or holidays). Delivery times vary depending on:
- your location,
- requested services,
- inclement weather and/or
- other factors.
There is NO guaranteed date or time on any delivery. Estimated transit times are based on business days and are not guaranteed. Lift gate service, prior delivery appointments, inside delivery, holidays, and/or inclement weather may delay the shipment. Guaranteed delivery dates can be requested for an additional fee.
- TAP® Pest Control Insulation (up to 8 pallets): 3 to 5 business days (depending on quantity and delivery accessorials)
- TAP® Pest Control Insulation (full truck or trailer): Custom Ordered, Please call (770) 766-6050 for details.
- ComfortTherm® Crawlspace Insulation (up to 8 pallets): 3 to 5 business days.
- ComfortTherm® Crawlspace Insulation (half or full truck, trailer): Custom Ordered, Please call (770) 766-6050 for details.
- Supplies are shipped separately using UPS Ground Service: approximately 2 to 5 business days.
NOTE: Orders received after 5 PM ET will be processed on the following business day. When ordering after 5 PM ET on Friday, our staff will not receive your order until Monday when Monday is not a holiday.
The Carrier will call you 24 to 48 hours prior to delivery to schedule a delivery date and time with you directly. If the truck shows up without a call or delivery appointment, you have two options:
- Accept the delivery as is. No credit/refund will be given.
- Deny Delivery and call us as soon as possible to have the carrier redeliver on a day that you want to have it scheduled.
We use nationwide carriers for delivery. When we receive and order, we dispatch/request the carrier to pick the order up the next day. This is NOT guaranteed as outside factors affect this (the freight may not be ready for shipment, the carrier’s truck is full upon arrival and cannot take any more freight for the day, weather, etc.). Legally, the carrier has up to 48 hours to pick up an order unless the order is set for a Guaranteed Delivery Date for an additional fee. There are no refunds, credits, or discounts given on freight for carriers that do not pick up the next day as requested. If you need your order by a certain date, please let us know when you place your order.
The carrier will be a 53′ tractor trailer with swing doors. You must be able to retrieve your pallets from the trailer’s interior and unload the pallets with equipment or personnel you have on site. Please have plenty of able bodies available to help unload. The driver will not be able to help move, assist, push, and/or load anything off or off the truck, including moving any bags or pallets to the back of the truck for unloading or into your storage area. You may want to rent a forklift and pallet jack to assist (Lift gates or pallet jacks are not available on trucks for orders over eight (8) pallets). You will have the time allotted by the carrier to get the truck unloaded and on its way.
- We will be happy to hire labor to unload the truck for you for an additional fee. Please call (770) 766-6050 for details and pricing.
- Carrier will back-charge Inside Delivery fees if you request the driver to help assist, move, push, or unload your pallets into your storage area up to $600.
The driver will bring the pallets to the ground with the lift gate and hand over the pallet jack to you so you can move the pallets into your storage area. It is your responsibility to get the pallets from the truck into your storage area using the pallet jack or manpower/equipment that you have on site.
On Delivery – If the carrier shows up without a lift gate or pallet jack, then you have the option to either:
- Accept delivery as is and we can request a credit back from the carrier for any lift gate fees they may have charged, or
- Deny delivery and contact us to have the carrier redeliver on a truck with a lift gate and pallet jack on a different scheduled day.
- The carrier will back charge Inside Delivery Fees of up to $600 if you request the driver to help assist, move, push or unload your pallets into your storage area.
- If you do not have a pallet jack, it may be wise to purchase one to be used for future orders.
- Up to 10 pallets with a lift gate – 30 minutes
- Up to 10 pallets without a lift gate – 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the carrier’s rules
- 11 pallets or more without a lift gate – 2 Hours
NOTE: Carrier will charge detention fees if these time limits are exceeded up to $150 per hour.
The driver is NOT responsible to move, assist, push, or unload anything into your storage area and will back charge inside delivery fees up to $600 (exact amount is set by the carrier). Unless you requested Inside Delivery, DO NOT sign the delivery slip if you see Inside Delivery checked, circled, or written on it.
If you requested a lift gate and pallet jack, the driver will bring the pallets to the ground using the lift gate and hand over the pallet jack for you to move the pallets into your storage area. The driver is not responsible for moving your pallets into your storage area unless Inside Delivery was requested.
If you want the driver to put the pallets inside your storage area for you, please request Inside Delivery when you place your order. The fee will be significantly lower if requested before shipping compared to the fee if requested and/or performed when the driver arrives. Please call us at (770) 766-6050 if you have any questions or would like to add Inside Delivery to your order prior to shipping.
National carriers may consider your delivery address a “Residential” location even if it is used for commercial purposes. Residential addresses are determined by the carrier and may use USPS, an overhead satellite view of the area, or zoning to determine this. If your address is considered a “Residential” location, the carrier will deliver your products curbside at the end of the driveway. It is up to the individual carrier as to whether they will drive on your driveway.
Also, with any residential area or gated community, if the carrier feels that there is not enough room to maneuver a 53′ semi tractor trailer, they will not deliver to the “Residential” address at all. Please be prepared to move the products from the end of the driveway to your storage area with your equipment/personnel you have on site. *If you ordered a truck with a lift gate and pallet jack, you may use their pallet jack to move your product from the curb to your storage area.
NOTE: Carrier will backcharge Inside Delivery Fees if you request the driver to help move or unload your pallets into your storage area up to $600 per hour.
During the Winter months, natural disasters, or other uncontrollable events, shipping can be interrupted at anytime with little warning. Pest Control Insulation closely monitors warnings and weather occurrences for these potential delays. Deliveries will NOT be guaranteed if there are any weather warnings or alerts in your area.
We recommend the following steps to plan ahead and avoid unnecessary weather-related delivery delays including:
- Keep a sufficient amount of insulation on hand at all times
- Place your order at least 5-10 business days in advance of your sold service
- Call when placing your order when a specific delivery date is necessary
- Remember that guaranteed deliveries will be limited to certain areas
NOTE: Shipments delayed due to storms or natural disasters are not eligible for a refund/credit.
Carriers will resume normal operations as soon as conditions allow. If you need to track your delivery, please call (770) 766-6050.
You may pick up your insulation order at one of our many plants across the US. Orders must be made in quantities of 36 as the pallets are pre-made and shrink-wrapped in that quantity. You may pick up your order at one of our plants Monday—Friday from 8am–2pm. Please place your order 24 hours in advance so we can have your order on the dock for loading.
The plant may request ID from the person picking up the order (Business Card with your Company Name on it, Drivers License, etc). If you need the address or telephone number to the TAP® Plant, please call us at (770) 766-6050.
Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Please bring an appropriate sized truck or trailer that will accommodate your order.
- Your truck or trailer will be loaded from a standard size loading dock. The dock worker will use a forklift to load the pallets.
- The dock worker will NOT breakdown the pallets and load loose bags onto your truck or trailer for you. This will be your responsibility so please bring able-bodied individuals to load the bags onto your vehicle.
- Drivers must follow all plant safety rules. Signs are posted on and around the dock.
Vehicle, trailer, storage container, and/or other equipment you bring to load product must be in safe condition to be loaded. It is the customer’s responsibility for the safety of your load. Before leaving the dock, ensure your load is safe and secure with tarps, straps or tie downs. Once you leave the dock, the merchandise and the safety of your load becomes your responsibility.
It is NOT advisable to pick up Insulation in a pickup truck as the plant will not load the whole pallet into the back of your truck unless it is dock high. If the pallet must be broken down into loose bags for transit, the dock worker will NOT breakdown the pallets or load the loose bags onto your truck or trailer, this will be your responsibility. Please bring able-bodied individuals to help you load.
If damage or a problem occurs, DO NOT REFUSE DELIVERY DUE TO DAMAGE. Instead:
- Write “Damaged Bags” on the delivery receipt and initial before the driver leaves.
- Call us as soon as possible at (770) 766-6050 to report the issue.
- Take photos and e-mail them to orders@TAPinsulation.com.
- Save all delivery receipts and take any necessary notes.
NOTE: For drop trailers only—leave any damaged bags on the trailer for credit. We do NOT refund or give credit for any unused insulation bags except for damaged product.
Additional Fees will Apply for the following special services:
- Delivery Appointment — the Carrier will call you 24 to 48 hours prior to delivery to schedule a delivery date and time with you directly
- Redelivery Fee — if you made a delivery appointment with a carrier and there is nobody to receive the order at the scheduled time and location, there will be a fee to redeliver your order of up to the amount of your original delivery charge. Prior authorization will be required for redelivery.
- Temporary Labor — $175 to $350
- Driver Assist — Up to $150/hr.
There are some differences in delivery options and fees depending on whether you are receiving an LTL shipment or a truckload:
LTL Carriers (Up to 10 Pallets)
Freight rates are good for 3 business days and may change due to oil prices, holidays, season, and/or weather. LTL Carriers are trucks that carry multiple orders on them. Carriers include Estes, RL Carriers, and more and have lift gates that can be used for unloading.
- Lift Gate and Pallet Jack — $1 to $125
- Inside Delivery — $100 to $300 before the order ships or upwards of $600 after it ships
- Guaranteed Delivery (By 5PM on a Certain Date) — $50 to $150
- Residential Delivery — $25 to $125
Truckload Carriers (Up to 22 Pallets)
Freight rates are good for 5 business days and may change due to oil prices, holidays, season, and/or weather. Truckload carriers are dedicated trucks that carry only your order on them, but do not have a lift gate for unloading.
- NO Lift Gate is available for unloading
- NO Inside Delivery is available and the driver will not touch your freight
- Delivery can be requested for a certain date and time. If the driver is late, no refund or credit will be given.
- Delivery can be to a commercial, residential, or job site address.
Additional fees for refused shipments, unloading delays, undeliverable orders, change of delivery address after shipping, and any other additional charges related to improper special delivery accessorial choices will pass to you from the carrier.
Note: Carriers are now charging $250 for cancelling truckload drop trailer deliveries less than 48 hours before delivery (48 hours does not include weekends or holidays). If you need to cancel a truckload or drop trailer, please call us well in advance to avoid being charged additional fees.
Supplies are typically shipped separately with Standard Shipping via UPS Ground Service (faster shipping service is available). Delivery is approximately 2 to 5 business days depending on the delivery location. We ship Monday thru Friday, and orders received by 1:00 PM ET usually ship the same day. Orders received after 1:00 PM ET, on weekends, or on holidays will ship the next business day. UPS will NOT deliver to PO or APO boxes and does not deliver on weekends or holidays. UPS does not guarantee delivery time on Ground Shipping. Please see the days-in-transit map below for approximate time in transit for your order:
Packages being delivered to business addresses should arrive before 5:00 PM. For faster delivery service, we also offer UPS Next Day Air, 2 Day Air, and 3 Day Select, for which additional charges will apply. If you need your order by a specific date, please contact us at (770) 766-6050 when placing your order. Not all shipping options are available in all areas. We will contact you if you have chosen a method not available for your destination.
NOTE: Pest Control Insulation is not responsible for undelivered packages. If UPS has attempted delivery three times according to their policies and they are unable to deliver to the shipping address given, UPS will automatically redirect the package back to the Pest Control Insulation warehouse. The customer will be responsible for all shipping charges incurred during this process. Please contact Pest Control Insulation at (770) 766-6050 if you have any questions regarding our shipping or return policies prior to ordering.
We offer international quotes and shipping on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for more information at (770) 766-6050.