Shipping Alert: During the winter months, natural disasters, or other uncontrollable events, shipping can be interrupted at any time with little warning. Pest Control Insulation closely monitors warnings & weather occurrences for these potential delays and offers the following shipping weather alert. Deliveries will NOT be guaranteed if there are any weather warnings or alerts in your area.
We recommend the following steps to plan ahead and avoid unnecessary weather-related delivery delays including:
- Keep a sufficient amount of insulation on hand at all times
- Place your order at least 7-10 business days in advance of your sold service
- Call when placing your order when a specific delivery date is necessary
- Remember that guaranteed deliveries will be limited to certain areas
NOTE: Shipments delayed due to storms or natural disasters are not eligible for a refund/credit.
Weather Update as of December 2, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET
Due to inclement weather, service is being affected in some areas of the country. We appreciate your patience during this time and will route shipments to final destinations as soon as it is safe to do so. If you have any questions about a shipment, please contact us at (770) 766-6050.
Winter weather is currently impacting some areas of the US. We appreciate your patience during this time and will route shipments to final destinations as soon as it is safe to do so.
The following areas are currently experiencing closures and/or delays:
- Colorado: Colorado Springs, Commerce City, Denver, Grand Junction, Stapleton
- Idaho: Boise, Pocatello, Twin Falls
- Minnesota:Duluth, Mankato, Minneapolis, Shotley
- Montana: Billings, Butte, Missoula
- North Dakota: Bismarck, Fargo, Grand Forks
- Utah: Salt Lake City
- Wisconsin: Eau Claire
- Wyoming: Casper, Cheyenne
Holiday Shipping Update
With the holidays quickly approaching, deliveries across the country have already ramped up. We want to help you avoid any unnecessary delays by encouraging you to place your orders promptly.
As a reminder, please place your order as soon as possible to avoid any unnecessary shipping delays. Placing your order as soon as possible allows us to provide you with stellar customer service and work towards providing a timely delivery of your order. NOTE: Guaranteed deliveries are currently unavailable for all orders. Please keep this in mind when placing your orders.
Please note that no shipping or deliveries will occur on the following dates:
- November 24-25, 2022 (Limited Shipping/Deliveries November 23)
- December 23-26, 2022 (Limited Shipping/Deliveries December 22)
- January 2, 2023 (Limited Shipping/Deliveries December 30)
Additionally, PCI’s doors (and phones) will be closed for the holidays on the following dates:
- November 24-25, 2022
- December 23 & 26, 2022
- January 2, 2023
We are ready to help you avoid any shipping pitfalls and lend support to you and your team. From all of us at Pest Control Insulation, we hope you have a happy holiday season!
Carriers are now charging $250 for canceling truckload drop trailer deliveries less than 48 hours before delivery (48 hours does not include weekends or holidays). If you need to cancel a truckload or drop trailer, please call us well in advance to avoid being charged with additional fees.
We take seriously the impact the coronavirus pandemic is having on lives and communities across the globe. Our hearts go out to all those affected, leading, and seeking solutions. We are adhering to CDC recommendations, as well as closely monitoring news, information, and local rulings for how to best plan, prepare and respond to the virus.
During this pandemic, all services will continue to be provided to current and future clients. Our team will continue to be available during working hours via phone and email. We are committed to delivering the same world-class service and support for which we are known. Should a situation arise which could interrupt, impact, or delay delivery of your products, we will communicate directly with you to walk through possible solutions. We appreciate your business and if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The LTL market continues to experience significant capacity issues due to the rippling effects of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as regular seasonal spikes. In addition to our monthly report, we want to provide you with the market insight to help you understand this rapidly evolving environment.
Here are the top factors that are currently impacting the LTL freight market:
- Shortage of truck drivers, dock workers, and other carrier support staff. COVID-related issues have directly and indirectly resulted in a decrease of the carrier workforce and caused carrier support staff to work from home, which has greatly impacted LTL carriers. LTL shipments move through multiple terminals which require additional touch points and labor more than other models. The pandemic is also affecting the hiring process, making it more challenging for carriers to bring in new employees to overcome the increase in volume and labor needs.
- Growth in e-commerce. The pandemic has caused accelerated growth in e-commerce as many people prefer to shop online for their safety and convenience. This shift has resulted in a significant increase in home deliveries, which had an unanticipated impact on carrier networks. In addition, big-box retailers have also seen record-setting performance, which requires trailer capacity that isn’t readily available.
- Extreme weather events. Recently, there have been severe winter storms across the country. These events threw off the balance of freight capacity that carriers depend on, causing strain on the system. As hurricane season continues, there will likely be more extreme weather that may affect transportation networks both in the impacted regions and nationwide.
- Seasonal spikes. Each fall, there is typically an increase in freight shipping. This year’s seasonal spike may have a greater impact as it will be compounded by the factors above. In addition, we are seeing a backlog of freight at West Coast ports, further straining the system.
LTL capacity issues are expected to persist and will likely intensify in the coming months as these factors continue to create a significant effect on the LTL freight market.
We’re committed to helping you effectively manage through these LTL capacity issues. Please work with our dedicated customer service team to place and manager orders in a timely manner.
Thank you for your continued trust in Pest Control Insulation.
Have questions about this shipping weather alert or need to track a delivery?
We invite you to contact us via our web page or by phone at (770) 766-6050.