It’s that time of the year again—spring cleaning! While you’re cleaning and ridding your home of things that no longer bring you joy, remember to watch for signs of unwanted pest guests. Here are some steps to help you take action to prevent future infestations.
- Be sure to pack winter clothes away in air-tight plastic containers or bags. Not only will this help keep your clothes in good condition, but it will also keep bugs and other pests out of your clothes.
- Check seasonal decor for pests before storing. Outdoor wreaths or decor can become a home for pests during its time outside.
- Inspect storage areas before storing seasonal items. Keep your eyes open for signs of pest presence, moisture damage, and other unwanted situations in your storage areas.
- Take the trash out daily. This reduces odors in your home and prevents the attracting of pests into your home.
- Bathe your pets regularly. It is important to keep pets that go outdoors on flea and tick medication and to bathe them regularly. The goal is to keep these furry loved ones from bringing unwanted pests into the home.
Remember: If you find signs of a major pest infestation, you should always consult your Pest Management Professional!
Ready to get rid of self-grooming insects in your attic? Contact us and we’ll connect you with a TAP® Provider in your area!