This is T•A•P® Pest Control Insulation
Thermal, Acoustical, Pest Control (T·A·P®) Insulation is a thermally and acoustically superior insulation product that is environmentally sensitive while permanently controlling pests. It is made principally from recycled paper that is diverted from landfills. TAP® keeps homes warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, reduces unwelcome exterior noise, functions as an EPA-labeled pesticide that helps control household insects that nest in attics and walls, and helps create a peaceful environment inside the home.
How Can an Insulation Also Be a Pesticide?
TAP® is the result of an ingenious merger of insulation and nature’s pesticide—boric acid. TAP® can be installed on top of existing attic insulation or installed in walls and attics of new construction.
TAP® is made from 87% recycled paper. Installing TAP® in a 1,500 square foot home recycles as much newspaper print as a family will consume in 40 years. How’s that for a green product that has low impact on the environment?
TAP® is acceptable for use around humans and pets, but is deadly to the following insects also listed on the TAP® EPA Label:
Once an insect comes in contact with TAP® Pest Control Insulation, the borate particles become connected to the insect. Since most household insects are ‘self-grooming,’ they will ultimately ingest the particles which begins the process of killing the insect. The borate particles work to kill the insect by disrupting the insect’s digestive process causing the insect to starve.
How is T·A·P® Made?
TAP® is made from select recycled paper and a pesticide-grade pure boric acid that is proven to control insects. Boric acid is a low toxicity mineral salt mined from the earth and commonly used in swimming pools, as laundry detergent, and in cosmetics—it’s nature’s pesticide! TAP® is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and is acceptable for use around humans and pets.
Is T·A·P® a Fire Hazard?
No. TAP® contains a fire retardant that prevents the product from burning. TAP® meets and is tested in accordance with strict federal fire safety standards. When a flame is introduced to the product, it forms a charred surface barrier that can help limit the spread of fire.
How is T·A·P® Installed?
TAP® is blown in directly on top of your existing attic insulation using specialized equipment. A typical TAP® job takes about half a day to install. TAP® forms a perfect fit, filling nooks and crannies in your attic. On the other hand, rolled insulation is stuffed into position, leaving gaps and reducing the home’s thermal envelope (R-value).
TAP® is the most widely used pest control insulation installed by pest management professionals across the U.S. It bears the ENERGY STAR® Seal & Insulate Mark, is UL Classified, and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Benefits of T·A·P® Pest Control Insulation for Professionals
There are multiple benefits to adding TAP Pest Control Insulation to your current service offering:
- TAP Pest Control Insulation is the only insulation product registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to control insects and provide superior insulation qualities.
- TAP Pest Control Insulation satisfies the demand for ‘green’ sustainable construction practices by the ever-growing, environmentally-conscience government as well as commercial and existing residential home customers.
- TAP Pest Control Insulation uses proprietary material and is professionally installed by authorized installers.
- TAP Pest Control Insulation is cost-effective – a one-time investment with no re-treatments required.
- TAP Pest Control Insulation is an ENERGY STAR® Partner being recognized as a qualified insulation product.
- TAP Pest Control Insulation routinely undergoes frequent and rigorous testing to maintain its UL Classification.
Still Not Convinced?
T·A·P® Pest Control Insulation is a registered trademark of Pest Control Insulation, LLC (US Patent No. 6,578,782). T·A·P® Pest Control Insulation is an EPA registered product (EPA Reg. No. 89140-1) that is acceptable for use around people and pets.