Being kind is one of the most important things you can do. Whether your act of kindness is big or small, it is never wasted. Here are some easy tips to show kindness today and everyday:
- Bring homemade treats to your local fire department or police station – Say thank you to those who work hard to make your community a better place by bringing your world-famous brownies down to the station!
- Collect/purchase food to donate to a local food bank – Buy some extra non-perishable food the next time you go to the grocery store and stop by your local food bank on the way home. Encourage your friends and family to join you in completing a meal. Your donation means a lot to those who can’t afford the grocery store!
- Donate lightly used clothing and toys to a local charity – If you’re ready to retire some clothes from your wardrobe, don’t throw them away! Donate your clothes (and toys) to a charity to help those in need and let your once favorite top have a second chance at life!
- Hold the door for the person behind you – Flash a big smile when you hold the door and make someone’s day a little brighter!
- Send a thoughtful card or email “just because” – Have you lost touch with a friend? A simple note or email can help you reconnect with your old friend and bring back happy memories.
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter – Even animals need some love! Toss some tennis balls and scratch behind some ears to show your new furry friends some kindness.
- Shovel snow or rake leaves from your neighbor’s yard while you’re clearing your yard – You already have your rake or shovel out, so why not help your neighbor out? Seeing a clear driveway or yard is sure to brighten your neighbor’s day!
- Express gratitude to those who help you at your favorite store or restaurant — Don’t forget to to share the love when you go out for lunch! Give your server a compliment or a bigger tip than you would normally give.
- Bring your extra leftovers to work to share with a coworker who forgot their lunch — Some days it’s hard to get out of the door on time. Bring a little extra lunch to share just in case someone forgets or doesn’t have time to make their lunch in the morning!
- Invite a lonely friend or acquaintance to your holiday meal or party — The holiday season is a time to share and show kindness. Invite a friend or coworker who doesn’t have anywhere else to go. Spread your holiday cheer!
Consider these opportunities to show kindness or come up with some ideas of your own. The key is to share some kindness today and keep it going tomorrow!